Choosing a Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
Questions to Ask & What to Look for to Achieve Incredible Results
As a consumer interested in plastic surgery, you have a lot of choices in the Beverly Hills area. Whether you choose Dr. Aboolian or another Beverly Hills plastic surgeon for your procedure, it’s important to be educated and ask the right questions. We have provided some tips below to help you on your cosmetic surgery journey.
Finding a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon in Beverly Hills
The most important aspect of choosing a plastic surgeon is to review the surgeon’s before and after photos to see if you like his/her work (see description below), but also consider the following:
- Ask a friend or family member who has had plastic surgery and are satisfied with their results for references.
Ask those who do give you references about:
- What procedure(s) they have had done
- Their experience
- Have them show you their results
- If possible their before/after photos. You must see the results to confirm if you would consider the results to your liking.
- Get at least three plastic surgeon’s names for you to see for consultation.
Before going in for the consultation:
- Educate yourself about the procedure(s) you are interested in by reading about it. A good source to go to is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- You should check to see if the doctor you're interested in specializes in plastic surgery and is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. You can do this by checking with the given states medical board or calling the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- On a piece of paper, write all the questions you have for your surgeon.
- Review the doctor’s website and pay specific attention to the before and after photographs. There should be more than ten patients’ photos for each procedure you are interested in.
- And when looking at face or breast photos make sure they show at least three different angles (front, quarter turn and profile views) for each patient. When looking at body work make sure the photos includes the entire area from under the breast to above the knee; for liposuction they must show you at least four views (front, quarter turn, profile, and back); for tummy tuck or body lift they should also show you sitting views (front and profile) in addition to the above views.
During your consultation:
- Make sure the plastic surgeon spends at least 45 min with you explaining your options for the specific procedure you are interested in.
- Review the doctor’s before-and-after photo album, and have him/her show you similar cases to what you are interested in. The photos are the most important part of your consultation. If you are not satisfied with the photos, then he/she is not the doctor for you.
- Have them explain the pro’s and con’s of the procedure you are interested in and compare them to the pro’s and con’s of the other options regardless of if the procedure is surgical or nonsurgical.
- Know the risks of the procedure you are interested in, and also know what your choices are if one of those risks happens to you.
- Ask the surgeon for the name of two or three patients who have had similar procedures to those you are interested in; make sure that at least one of these patients has had their surgery within the past two months so they can give you more detail information about their recovery and results, and the other patient(s) should be more than two months out from their surgery. Speak to these patients to answer all other questions you may have.
- For those over 40 years of age ask to see if you would need medical clearance.
- Ask about aftercare facility information and if he/she would recommend you to stay at such a facility instead of going home.
- Ask for the name of the hospital at which the surgeon has privileges, so that in the event of an emergency, you know where you should be admitted. You may call the hospital to confirm their privilege.
- Ask them where the surgery will be performed. If at an outpatient surgery center make sure it is certified by either JCAHO or AAA or AAAA agencies.
Don’t be in a rush to schedule your surgery. Take your time and review your notes. If you still have questions feel free to call the doctor’s office or go in for a second consultation.
Take your first steps to a more confident, beautiful you by calling Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Dr. Aboolian at (310) 905-8702 today!